Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Interview posted & Upcoming reading

As one the winners of this year's fellowship competition, I have done an interview with Writers at Work. Toward the end of the interview, I describe an artwork I saw at the Kunstmuseum in Stuttgart in November 2012. It's called Mitten (Middle) by Katharina Hinsberg. You can find additional views here if you scroll down the page. The Kunstmuseum is a marvelous glass cube at Schlossplatz, and Wikipedia has a few photos of the building to see.

And, next week I'll be doing my first public reading of my essay "Objects of My Attention." I am delighted to be hosted by my friend Peggy Fehily, proprietor of the Cornwall Tearoom. If you are anywhere near Bad Wimpfen, Germany and you have time on Monday evening, please join us. The reading will of course be in English.


Mary Craig, winner of the 2014 Writers at Work Fellowship
in Literary Nonfiction, will read her prize-winning essay
"Objects of My Attention"

18:30-19:30     Gathering time (light food available for purchase)
19:30-20:15     Reading
20:15-21:00     Desserts and discussion

Cover charge 5 EUR, which includes tea/soft drinks all evening.
Savory refreshments available for purchase.

For more info and to register please contact:

peggy@cornwall-tearoom.de

Hauptstr. 50
74206 Bad Wimpfen
Tel: 07063-3449867

No comments:

Post a Comment